Skills, services and / or products AGEOP was founded in 2009 with a mission to promote the use of deep geothermal energy electricity and hot water production. To this end, AGEOP:
- Represents the sector when lobbying policy-makers to maximize the use of this renewable energy resource.
- Follows regulation and economic contingencies related to deep geothermal exploration.
- Contributes to the establishment of a legal framework and incentives in Belgium, and Wallonia in particular.
- Encourages research on geothermal applications and very deep geology (2,000 meters and more)
- Facilitates public access to the results of this research
- Stimulates the creation of industrial sectors for drilling and energy production.
- Coordinates relationships between stakeholders in the renewable energy production sector, universities, research organizations, companies, federations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Represents and defends the interests of its members to public authorities.
- Collaborates with other European organizations that promote deep geothermal energy (e.g. EGEC), with environmental protection organizations, and professional associations of renewable energy producers.
Association pour la Géothermie Profonde NPO
Enterprise number : 0830770752
Chaussée de Bornival