BEMS is active in and developing expertise in the following fields:
Rational use of energy
- Building Energy Management
- Verification of the Energy Performance of Buildings •Commissioning of HVAC installations
- Regulatory methods and standards
- Climatic chamber tests
- Management and control of solar buildings •Solar refrigeration
- Solar energy storage
The relationship between energy and the environment
- The environmental impact of energy solutions
Our team is specialized in the monitoring and dynamic modeling of buildings and systems.
Knowledge & Skills
Our team has developed expertise in the field of smart grids, particularly involving two major projects the team has worked on or is currently working on:
- Flexipac (http://www.flexipac.ulg.ac.be/)
- Smart micro-cogeneration (http://www.bems.ulg.ac.be/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74%3Asmartmicrocogen&catid=5%3Aprojets&Itemid=10&lang=fr)
We have expertise in smart networks, problems related to intermittent renewable energy production, adjustable loads, flexibilization, heating systems (heat pumps, CHP) that allow for flexible operations with or without energy storage in the building or using traditional storage solutions.
Our team also supervises Master’s theses on the topic of smart grids.
- Walloon Region Solautark - Design and development of a self-sufficient solar thermal system for individual or multiple habitat
- Projet SOTHERCO : Solar Thermochemical Compact Storage System
Université de Liège - Communauté française
Enterprise number : 0807970507
ULg - BEMS
Avenue de Longwy