- Facilities for testing heat pumps and refrigeration systems.
- Expertise in modeling thermal systems, energy conversion systems as well as for energy storage an transport.
- Optimization and experimental performance evaluation of heat pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, micro-CHP systems,biomass CHP systems, steam plants.
- Conventional and alternative fuels for internal combustion engines (gasoline and diesel) and for hot water boilers (natural gas, fuel oil and wood pellets),
- Condensation (with high amount of noncondensable gases) in heat exchangers ,
- Measurements of thermophysical variables (temperature, pressure, flow rate, velocity, …)
Heating and cooling techniques:
- Heat pump systems
- Low enthalpy geothermal energy
Renewable power production:
- Integration of renewable sources of energy (solar, wind, biomass, ...) and cogeneration
Extraordinary engineering equipment:
- Test benches for internal combustion engines,
- domestic and semi-industrial hot water boilers and heat exchangers
Services and training offer:
- Modelling and testing of the energetic and environmental performance of internal combustion engines (gasoline and diesel), hot water domestic boilers, heat exchangers
- A finishing work study has been performed by one of my student on the energetic and environmental performance of a hot water domestic boiler fired with wood pellets.
Distributed power production:
- Small-scale and Organic Rankine cycles
- Positive displacement expanders
- Heat recovery in Industry and vehicles
Centralized heat and power production
- Combined heat and power production
- Integration of renewable energies in power systems (district heating networks, energy storage)
- Performance monitoring of power plants
- Design, construction and use of experimental test benches.
- Modeling and simulation of thermal and thermodynamics systems
- Expertise in optimization of biomass cogeneration plant (economic, energetic and environmental)
Integration of renewable energies in energy systems:
- Thermal and electrical energy storage (CAES, hydraulic, high temperature storage)
- Geotabs project. Towards a better knowledge of geothermal heat pump systems connectec to TABS. Coordinator: K.U.Leuven. ERA-SME/ERA-net. Period: 2011-2013.
- Flexipac (Optimization of energy demand by controlling thermal systems (heat pumps, etc.) with a view to integrating into the grid intermittent energy sources and economic valorization of flexibility). Funding DGO4. Period 2012-2015.
- Oudkerk, J.F, S. Quoilin, S. Declaye, L. Guillaume et V. Lemort. Evaluation of the Energy Performance of an ORC-based micro-CHP System Involving a Hermetic Scroll Expander. ASME Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power. In press.
- Lemort, V., S. Declaye and S. Quoilin. 2012. Experimental characterization of a hermetic scroll expander for use in a micro-scale Rankine cycle. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A, Journal of Power and Energy, Volume 226 Issue 1, February 2012.
- Quoilin, S., V. Lemort, and J. Lebrun. 2008. Study of an Organic Rankine Cycle Associated to a Biomass-Fuelled Boiler for Cogeneration Application, Proceedings of the First International Conference and Workshop on Micro-Cogeneration, Technologies and Applications, Ottawa, Canada.
Université de Liège - Communauté française
Enterprise number : 807970507
ULg - Energetic and Thermodynamics laboratory Liège
Chemin des Chevreuils