Skills, services and / or products
- The Geological Survey of Belgium provides access to a large range of products, including a wide variety of maps, as well as scientific and general public publications
- Expertise in cartography for geothermal potential (see projects described below)
- Testing laboratory to analyze the thermal properties of rocks in dry and saturated conditions (thermal conductivity and diffusivity) using a TCS (Thermal Conductivity Scanner) http://www.geophysik-dr-rauen.de/tcscan/
- Mineralogical testing laboratory (Raman spectrometry, X-ray diffraction, Scanning Electron Microscope with EDS and EBSD modules)
- Preparation of samples (grinding, powders, sugars)
- -European ThermoMap project: mapping of shallow geothermal potential (<10m). Project website: http://www.thermomap-project.eu/
- Mapping platform: http://geoweb2.sbg.ac.at/thermomap/index.html
- "Wallonia's Geothermal Platform". Cartography of deep and medium-depth geothermal potential. Two maps of geothermal resource potential (with known areas, priority areas for exploration, and to be determined) were published on the Walloon Region's mapping portal.
- The BeTemper project to characterize the thermal properties of the main Belgian lithologies. This project will serve as the basis for the development of geothermal resource potential maps for closed and open geothermal systems of less than 200m.
- The Smart Geotherm project working group
- Scientific monitoring committee for deep geothermal projects in the Mons basin
Institut Royal des Sciences Naturelles de Belgique
Enterprise number : 0353070496
Service géologique de Belgique (SGB)