-Methods of pre-project, design and optimization of aerodynamic blade profile for horizontal or vertical axis wind turbines. Analysis of wind potential for onshore and offshore, Belgium and Walloon region sites.
- Assessment and cartography of wind potential in the Walloon Region, Belgium, onshore, inshore and offshore sites.
- Draft methods and aerodynamics design of lift based wind turbines
- Performance analysis by CFD simulations of horizontal and vertical axis wind turbines
- Geometrical optimization of aerodynamic performances
- Problem and analysis of fluid-structure interactions
- Analysis of unsteady effects, wake and rotor/stator interactions
- Effect of heart boundary layer
- Technical and economic feasibility studies of single wind turbine solution or combined wind/photovoltaic/thermal production systems for renewable energy
- Wind generation stochastical modeling: Development of well-suited statistical model for wind generation in the case of reliability studies led on large electrical networks (study of the inter-correlation between wind parks, adequate clustering of wind data,...)
- Impact on transmission grids: Introduction of wind generation in a software used for investments and reliability evaluation of a given transmission grid (for example, the software Scanner: collaboration with Tractebel Engineering).
- Development of variable speed wind generator test bench: Development of a micro-wind generator: development of a test bench using a doubly-fed asynchronous generator with use of the Dspace software.
Université de Mons
Enterprise number : 0259396509
UMons - Département Mécanique
Rue du Joncquois